Friday, November 2, 2018

Blog 5

     On November 2nd 2018 CNN posted an article stating that President Trump thought the military should shoot rock-throwing migrants.  He said that rocks should be considered a rifle. Right now I feel like we live in the Philippines. I have really only read this type of ridiculousness from their President. What would do we live in where we even think that this is some type of option? The President later walked backed on that comment and said, “is soldiers are going to be hit in the face with rocks, we're going to arrest those people. That doesn’t mean shoot them.” Excuse me Mr. President we already heard what you initially said so don’t act like you didn’t say it now!

     There have been occasions when there have been rocks thrown at border agents but the records show that this is a little threat. No agents have been killed.The Pentagon has refused to allow our military to act like they are the police. So why are they there? I think this is a mid-term election stunt to make him look powerful. The reality is is that the military can do little to nothing but I guess it makes him look tough. What surprises me is how many people are ok with the thought of the military killing people for throwing rocks! Why are there so many people in this country fine with being a bully? Is the moral compass of the party who brags about morality failing? As I said before I do not know what the perfect solution to this problem is but I’m sure it’s not mass murder. We as a country need to get it together and put down that huge cup Eastern Block we’ve been sipping on.

No comments:

They got one of their own

I wanted to make a few comments on a blog written by  Nicanor Ruiz Jaimes  regarding the beating of an undercover cop in St Louis. The under...