Sunday, December 9, 2018

Goodbye Kelly

I found an interesting article in CNN  titled Trump Announces that John Kelly is Leaving. What tickled me a little was the fact when MSM asked a few weeks ago if General Kelly leaving at the end of the year the president cried Fake News but now he us leaving. So maybe "fake news" isn't so fake at all. It has been no secret that Kelly was not a fan of Trump in the later months leading up to this. I think that Kelly could not give Trump the unquestioned loyalty that he so desires. I don't run in many circles that really discuss General Kelly but overhearing the "grownups" talk General Kelly, to some, was the only reason why some people were still supporting President Trump. I heard that the General was one of the few sane ones in the President's camp.

I wonder if the last straw was how President Trump wanted to use the military at the border. I read that the General didn't want to sign the order to send the troops to the border and was forced to by Trump. I think deep down inside John Kelly knew that this is not what our military does and the thought of having the military fighting women and children trying to make a better life for their children might be a bad look for the military and the nation as a whole. Maybe Kelly saw the danger of using the military as the President's personal guard dogs. Slowly turning into a dictator. I wish I could know the true reasons why the two were at odds. Also I think it was a strategic move to let him go after the mid-terms. Trump knew that he would lose a lot of people if John Kelly was let go before then. 

No comments:

They got one of their own

I wanted to make a few comments on a blog written by  Nicanor Ruiz Jaimes  regarding the beating of an undercover cop in St Louis. The under...